Marlborough Road Academy vision for Inclusion
Increase the participation of all children in education and raise the achievement and attainment levels of all.
Enable the diversity of Marlborough Road Academy to enrich the experience and education of all children.
The values and attitudes learnt in school, will lay the foundations for a lifelong understanding of and empathy with the wider community.
All children at Marlborough Road Academy, irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, physical, mental or educational needs have an entitlement to:
- Learn in a safe, secure environment.
- Be valued and respected by all staff as equal members of the learning community.
- Have their learning needs identified and assessed as early as possible and met promptly.
- Have barriers to their inclusion, participation and belonging identified, understood and removed.
- Have access to educational experiences that enable them to fulfill their potential as learners and as citizens within the community.
- Have access to specialized services or provisions that are flexible and that provide the best opportunities to meet their individual needs including access to multi-disciplinary services.
- Allow them to participate in decision making, planning and review of their educational progress.
- Benefit from parents/carers involvement with professionals in the planning and delivering of their provision.
- Learn to be responsive to the needs and abilities of others and society as a whole.
- Children may come from a wide range of cultural and religious backgrounds and many may have additional educational needs resulting from personal circumstances, such as children with English as an additional language, those seeking refuge and asylum, those with special educational needs and/or disabilities. Many pupils have multiple needs.
For full information please see our SEND and Inclusion Policy on our Policies page and our SEN Information Report to the left of this page.