School Meals and Milk
Pupils in EYFS and Key Stage 1 receive free fruit each day.
For pupils in Key Stage 2, toast is on sale every morning during break for 20p.
Milk is provided free of charge each day for pupils who are either under 5 years old or in receipt of free school meals.
School meals are provided by Citywide Catering Service and cost £2.00 per day unless your child is in Reception, Yr1 or Yr2 where all children receive free school meals.
At lunchtime there is always a good choice of hot or cold food including chicken, beef, turkey and fish; free range eggs; locally produced fresh vegetables and a vegetarian option. All our menus meet the government food based guidelines and all our food is halal.
You can view sample menus by using the download button to the left of this page.
Free School Meals
Some families may be entitled to free school meals if they receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
To find out if you are entitled to free school meals, please ask at the school office or download and complete a Pupil Premium form and we will apply on your behalf. Manchester residents may also complete a Manchester free school meal application:
If you need help with your application, please ask at the school office.
School Meal Payment
Parents must pay in advance for school meals using any of the methods of payment outlined below
- Online using ParentPay. THIS IS OUR PREFERRED METHOD.
- In cash via the school office, weekly in advance
Children will not be provided with a school lunch unless it is paid for, except those who are entitled to free school meals. If a parent genuinely forgets to pay in advance, the school may grant a debt allowance of one meal. This
debt must be repaid the following day and future meals must be paid for in advance before any further meals are provided. Please see our full Debt Policy on this page.
If you have any queries regarding the provision of school meals at Marlborough Road Academy please do not hesitate to contact the Citywide office on 0161 925 1122.